POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : About Fry an Egg (actually general upgrade to POV files question.) Server Time
17 May 2024 06:44:53 EDT (-0400)
  About Fry an Egg (actually general upgrade to POV files question.) (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Fred Smith
Subject: About Fry an Egg (actually general upgrade to POV files question.)
Date: 2 Sep 2005 07:00:01
Message: <web.43183073dbae7a6c2e773a5c0@news.povray.org>
I was trying to render this and the coder uses a #declare #while structure
which 3.6 doesn't like.
Also I have found lots of POV files which have brackets { and } with several
lines in between and POV 3.6
says that there is no closing bracket. } Is there a utility or FAQ for
newbies how to convert a POV 3.1 or earlier
file so it will render correctly in 3.6?

Post a reply to this message

"Fred Smith" <paj### [at] verizonnet> wrote:
> I was trying to render this and the coder uses a #declare #while structure
> which 3.6 doesn't like.
> Also I have found lots of POV files which have brackets { and } with several
> lines in between and POV 3.6
> says that there is no closing bracket. } Is there a utility or FAQ for
> newbies how to convert a POV 3.1 or earlier
> file so it will render correctly in 3.6?

POV files are nothing more than text files. You do *not* need to convert
anything! From the little information you give it looks like you just have
a broken file that has newlines where it should not and thus is *not* a
valid POV file that *any* version of POV-Ray could read. You should be
looking for a copy of the file that is not broken, or repair the file you
have by removing the newlines in the places where they do not belong.

Post a reply to this message