POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Povray 3.5c and MPI patch Server Time
17 May 2024 03:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Povray 3.5c and MPI patch (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: dbug at no-spam org
Subject: Povray 3.5c and MPI patch
Date: 7 Aug 2005 12:45:00
Message: <web.42f639d3241b603df4b42c4a0@news.povray.org>
Hi all..

I've spend some time porting 3.5c and the MPI patch for windows platform
using MinGW wich means it runs without any special runtimes on an win32
platform,
and now i have managed to do distributed rendering using MPI on 8 Windows
2000 servers with good performance.

Very soon i will post a link to a page with a beginning tutorial and the
binaries.

See my entry at povbench..

http://haveland.com/povbench/showsubmission.php?bm=benchmark&id=439

Cheers..

Post a reply to this message

> I've spend some time porting 3.5c and the MPI patch for windows platform
> using MinGW wich means it runs without any special runtimes on an win32
> platform,

I hope you are aware that POV-Ray 3.5 is nearly 3 years old and POV-Ray
3.6.1 has been around for a long time and compiles with MinGW without
any modifications.

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 24 Jul. 2005)