POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : chief architect 9.5 guiext error Server Time
2 Jun 2024 07:53:06 EDT (-0400)
  chief architect 9.5 guiext error (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: gibbo
Subject: chief architect 9.5 guiext error
Date: 8 Jun 2005 08:05:01
Message: <web.42a6de36b3363d5f1f144cd30@news.povray.org>
i recently contracted a virus and had to re-format c: . when i reloaded
chief architect 9.5, everything seemed to work ok until i tried to
raytrace. i got the following error:

could not load GUI Extention DLL 'PovChiefBridge.pge'

the file is there in the main folder. can anyone help me sort this out.
Please.

i had back up copies and i just copied folder to folder, i feel chief
architect runs but has not loaded properly, my master copy is in the uk and
i am in thailand.

Post a reply to this message

> i recently contracted a virus and had to re-format c: . when i reloaded
> chief architect 9.5, everything seemed to work ok until i tried to
> raytrace. i got the following error:
>
> could not load GUI Extention DLL 'PovChiefBridge.pge'
>
> the file is there in the main folder. can anyone help me sort this out.
> Please.
>
> i had back up copies and i just copied folder to folder, i feel chief
> architect runs but has not loaded properly, my master copy is in the uk and
> i am in thailand.

  You'll probably need to re-install chiefl architect from the master
copy...

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 8 Jun 2005 08:46:31
Message: <42a6e8a7$1@news.povray.org>
gibbo wrote:
> i recently contracted a virus and had to re-format c: . when i reloaded
> chief architect 9.5, everything seemed to work ok until i tried to
> raytrace. i got the following error:
>
> could not load GUI Extention DLL 'PovChiefBridge.pge'
>
> the file is there in the main folder. can anyone help me sort this out.
> Please.
>
> i had back up copies and i just copied folder to folder, i feel chief
> architect runs but has not loaded properly, my master copy is in the uk and
> i am in thailand.

Is POVRay properly installed? What version does Cheif Archetect require?
Do you have that version installed?

Anything else is beyond the scope of POVRay forums, and you will be
better off contacting the support people for Cheif Archetect.

--
~Mike

Things! Billions of them!

Post a reply to this message

From: gibbo
Date: 8 Jun 2005 09:10:00
Message: <web.42a6ece06f8e4f2e1f144cd30@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> gibbo wrote:
> > i recently contracted a virus and had to re-format c: . when i reloaded
> > chief architect 9.5, everything seemed to work ok until i tried to
> > raytrace. i got the following error:
> >
> > could not load GUI Extention DLL 'PovChiefBridge.pge'
> >
> > the file is there in the main folder. can anyone help me sort this out.
> > Please.
> >
> > i had back up copies and i just copied folder to folder, i feel chief
> > architect runs but has not loaded properly, my master copy is in the uk and
> > i am in thailand.
> >

> Is POVRay properly installed? What version does Cheif Archetect require?
> Do you have that version installed?
>
> Anything else is beyond the scope of POVRay forums, and you will be
> better off contacting the support people for Cheif Archetect.
>

> --
> ~Mike
>
> Things! Billions of them!

thanks mike,
this i am not sure about, i just copied folder to folder which i backed up
prior to formating c:. i am sure its something simple like that, i have
down loaded the latest version from the website, how can i incorporate it
in chief arch. or do i have to keep saving the view as . pov. this i have
tried but not very sucessfully, i need to get a grips with the pov-ray
program, chief arch does it all for me.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 8 Jun 2005 09:16:48
Message: <42a6efc0$1@news.povray.org>
gibbo wrote:
> Mike Raiford <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
>>gibbo wrote:
>>
>>>i recently contracted a virus and had to re-format c: . when i reloaded
>>>chief architect 9.5, everything seemed to work ok until i tried to
>>>raytrace. i got the following error:
>>>
>>>could not load GUI Extention DLL 'PovChiefBridge.pge'
>>>
>>>the file is there in the main folder. can anyone help me sort this out.
>>>Please.
>>>
>>>i had back up copies and i just copied folder to folder, i feel chief
>>>architect runs but has not loaded properly, my master copy is in the uk and
>>>i am in thailand.
>>>

>>Is POVRay properly installed? What version does Cheif Archetect require?
>>Do you have that version installed?
>>
>>Anything else is beyond the scope of POVRay forums, and you will be
>>better off contacting the support people for Cheif Archetect.
>>

>>--
>>~Mike
>>
>>Things! Billions of them!
>

> thanks mike,
> this i am not sure about, i just copied folder to folder which i backed up
> prior to formating c:. i am sure its something simple like that, i have
> down loaded the latest version from the website, how can i incorporate it
> in chief arch. or do i have to keep saving the view as . pov. this i have
> tried but not very sucessfully, i need to get a grips with the pov-ray
> program, chief arch does it all for me.

You ran the installer for POVRay, right? There's something written to
the registry to get it working, but I don't exactly know what that is. I
wish I knew more about the program you're trying to get working.

--
~Mike

Things! Billions of them!

Post a reply to this message

From: Hugo
Date: 8 Jun 2005 16:17:13
Message: <42a75249@news.povray.org>
"gibbo" <jon### [at] karonpropertycom> escreveu na mensagem
>i recently contracted a virus and had to re-format c: . when i reloaded
> chief architect 9.5, everything seemed to work ok until i tried to
> raytrace. i got the following error:
>
> could not load GUI Extention DLL 'PovChiefBridge.pge'
>
> the file is there in the main folder. can anyone help me sort this out.
> Please.
>
> i had back up copies and i just copied folder to folder, i feel chief
> architect runs but has not loaded properly, my master copy is in the uk
> and
> i am in thailand.

Hi,

Check the [GUIExtensions] section at the pvengine.ini and make sure that the
'PovChiefBridge.pge' path is correct.

Hope this helps,

Hugo

Post a reply to this message

From: Jeff Houck
Date: 8 Jun 2005 19:22:54
Message: <42a77dce$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> gibbo wrote:
>
>> Mike Raiford <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>>> Is POVRay properly installed? What version does Cheif Archetect require?
>>> Do you have that version installed?
>>>
>>> Anything else is beyond the scope of POVRay forums, and you will be
>>> better off contacting the support people for Cheif Archetect.
>>>

>>> --
>>> ~Mike
>>>
>>> Things! Billions of them!
>>

>> thanks mike,
>> this i am not sure about, i just copied folder to folder which i
>> backed up
>> prior to formating c:. i am sure its something simple like that, i have
>> down loaded the latest version from the website, how can i incorporate it
>> in chief arch. or do i have to keep saving the view as . pov. this i have
>> tried but not very sucessfully, i need to get a grips with the pov-ray
>> program, chief arch does it all for me.
>>

> You ran the installer for POVRay, right? There's something written to
> the registry to get it working, but I don't exactly know what that is. I
> wish I knew more about the program you're trying to get working.

"There's something written to the registry to get it working, but I
don't exactly know what that is."

That's generally the case and also the reason why "copying" a folder
doesn't work well with programs that require a Windows installer. I do
IT for a living and deal with this all the time. You're probably missing
a registry entry...