POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : 3.5 Install on Win2K3 needs comctl32.dll Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:46:13 EDT (-0400)
  3.5 Install on Win2K3 needs comctl32.dll (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Vince Hunt
Subject: 3.5 Install on Win2K3 needs comctl32.dll
Date: 28 Oct 2003 12:35:01
Message: <web.3f9ea7b11bb7499f47f72820@news.povray.org>
I've just upgraded my computer to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition.

When I tried to re-install PovRay I get the following message box:

  Required Component Missing

 POV-Ray for Windows requires at least version
 4.72 of the Common Control DLL 'comctl32.dll'.
 This has not been detected on your system.

 This file can be obtained from Microsoft. It
 typically comes as part of Internet Explorer v4
 or later. It can also be obtained as a
 stand-alone installation.

            OK                Cancel

Now, my version of comctl32.dll is 5.82.3790.0, I have Internet Explorer v6,
and I ran 50comupd.exe from the Microsoft website and it says that all my
files are up to date.

I copied comctl32.dll to the following locations with no sucess:
 C:\
 C:\Windows\
 C:\Windows\System\
as well as the directory I was istalling from - still no joy.

I even tried installing PovRay 3.1g, but this has the same problem.

Someone please help - I have to have Windows 2003 as part of my job... but I
can't live without PovRay.

Thanks,
        Vince.

Post a reply to this message

I have the same problem with Win2K3 Server; my version of comctl32.dll is
5.82.3790.0 too. No way to tell the installer to continue anyway.

Fast

Vince Hunt wrote:
>I've just upgraded my computer to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition.
>
>When I tried to re-install PovRay I get the following message box:

>  Required Component Missing
>
> POV-Ray for Windows requires at least version
> 4.72 of the Common Control DLL 'comctl32.dll'.
> This has not been detected on your system.
>
> This file can be obtained from Microsoft. It
> typically comes as part of Internet Explorer v4
> or later. It can also be obtained as a
> stand-alone installation.
>
>            OK                Cancel
>
>Now, my version of comctl32.dll is 5.82.3790.0, I have Internet Explorer v6,
>and I ran 50comupd.exe from the Microsoft website and it says that all my
>files are up to date.
>
>I copied comctl32.dll to the following locations with no sucess:
> C:\
> C:\Windows\
> C:\Windows\System\
>as well as the directory I was istalling from - still no joy.
>
>I even tried installing PovRay 3.1g, but this has the same problem.
>
>Someone please help - I have to have Windows 2003 as part of my job... but I
>can't live without PovRay.
>
>Thanks,
>        Vince.

Post a reply to this message