POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : 3.5 Install on Win2K3 needs comctl32.dll : Request to update Website info Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:43:39 EDT (-0400)
  Request to update Website info
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 13 Nov 2003 14:25:30
Message: <Xns943292B3D4E9Btomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"Apache" <apa### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in

> if you're using win2k server (and possible also advanced server and
> win2k3 server) you'll have trouble installing povray by just starting
> up the installer. You'll have to use the add software dialog box for
> that. This will put your server in some kind of "enable software
> install mode" which will unlock some files or registry thingies..... i
> don't want to know but it worked for me.

The download page http://www.povray.org/download/ has the following info:

Windows Server 2003 users - you may get an install error claiming that you
don't have a current version of comctl32.dll. This message is incorrect and
there is no workaround - if this happens you probably won't be able to
install. A new installation fixing this will be released shortly.

Can this be updated with this workaround?

--
Tom