POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : can not install pov 3.5 Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:46:02 EDT (-0400)
  can not install pov 3.5 (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: XelaG
Subject: can not install pov 3.5
Date: 22 Dec 2002 19:25:02
Message: <web.3e065739e06445e382716e8c0@news.povray.org>
On installation, the following message appears:

Could not initialize installation. Could not extract Wise0132.dll to
"D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\GLCB02.tmp", CRC does not match.

Win2K, sp3, latest crit updates. I'm admin.  Any idea what is happening?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Post a reply to this message

"XelaG" <xel### [at] 3deenl> wrote in message
> On installation, the following message appears:
>
> Could not initialize installation. Could not extract Wise0132.dll to
> "D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\GLCB02.tmp", CRC does not match.
>
> Win2K, sp3, latest crit updates. I'm admin.  Any idea what is happening?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Alex

Perhaps an incomplete download of the install file?

No other ideas.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

>"XelaG" <xel### [at] 3deenl> wrote in message
>> On installation, the following message appears:
>>
>> Could not initialize installation. Could not extract Wise0132.dll to
>> "D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\GLCB02.tmp", CRC does not match.
>>
>> Win2K, sp3, latest crit updates. I'm admin.  Any idea what is happening?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Alex
>>

>Perhaps an incomplete download of the install file?
>
>No other ideas.
>
>-tgq

I downloaded twice already... will try again, thanks.

Alex

Post a reply to this message

>>"XelaG" <xel### [at] 3deenl> wrote in message
>>> On installation, the following message appears:
>>>
>>> Could not initialize installation. Could not extract Wise0132.dll to
>>> "D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\GLCB02.tmp", CRC does not match.
>>>
>>> Win2K, sp3, latest crit updates. I'm admin.  Any idea what is happening?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Alex
>>>

>>Perhaps an incomplete download of the install file?
>>
>>No other ideas.
>>
>>-tgq

Back at square 1. I downloaded via ftp client instead of IE6, installation
started fine with no CRC error, but stopped at a certain moment with an I/O
error, corrupt installation media or installation file.  Baffled!

Staying with 3.1g for the moment, until this is solved.

Alex

>I downloaded twice already... will try again, thanks.
>
>Alex

Post a reply to this message

I've been downloading 3.5 many times and *never* had any problems
installing!

Post a reply to this message

> Back at square 1. I downloaded via ftp client instead of IE6, installation
> started fine with no CRC error, but stopped at a certain moment with an I/O
> error, corrupt installation media or installation file.  Baffled!
>
> Staying with 3.1g for the moment, until this is solved.

That won't get you anywhere as the files on povray.org have been downloaded
by thousands of users and are known to be OK.  The problem is obviously on
your side.  So waiting will not make your problems go away...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 21:08:50 EST, "XelaG" <xel### [at] 3deenl> wrote:
> Back at square 1. I downloaded via ftp client instead of IE6, installation
> started fine with no CRC error, but stopped at a certain moment with an I/O
> error, corrupt installation media or installation file.  Baffled!

some proxy cache ?

ABX

Post a reply to this message