POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : can not install pov 3.5 : Re: can not install pov 3.5 Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:06:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: can not install pov 3.5
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Dec 2002 08:07:13
Message: <3e070a81@news.povray.org>
In article <87md0vkh3c3cs8188gt2d7sq97seh6k74h@4ax.com> , ABX
<abx### [at] abxartpl>  wrote:

>> Back at square 1. I downloaded via ftp client instead of IE6, installation
>> started fine with no CRC error, but stopped at a certain moment with an I/O
>> error, corrupt installation media or installation file.  Baffled!
>
> some proxy cache ?

Not necessarily.  For example IE will cache everything regardless of what
the server tells it to do.  IE will even cache files downloaded via FTP and
give you the old files if the files on the server was changed and has a
newer date.  Maybe Windows FTP clients now copy this IE feature ;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde