POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : ATTN: Windows users, is your privacy guarranteed? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 04:10:55 EDT (-0400)
  ATTN: Windows users, is your privacy guarranteed? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: ATTN: Windows users, is your privacy guarranteed?
Date: 6 Mar 2000 19:05:20
Message: <pEXEODP7gvdfHmZW6oMiT1bfi72o@4ax.com>
No, this is not an OS bashing post, it's much more serious than that.

Are you using the Microsoft® Windows™ operating system?
Have you downloaded shareware/freeware software recently?
Have you installed it?
Are you online a good deal of time?

If so, please check the following URL and any links you find in it:

http://grc.com/aureate.htm

It *is* a serious matter and has been the main topic for discussion in
alt.privacy, comp.security.misc and comp.security.firewalls for quite
some time now. I thought it would be good to let you all know.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message

> No, this is not an OS bashing post, it's much more serious than that.
>

> Have you downloaded shareware/freeware software recently?
> Have you installed it?
> Are you online a good deal of time?
>
> If so, please check the following URL and any links you find in it:
>
> http://grc.com/aureate.htm
>
> It *is* a serious matter and has been the main topic for discussion in
> alt.privacy, comp.security.misc and comp.security.firewalls for quite
> some time now. I thought it would be good to let you all know.

Oh, just a quick FYI.

In general the info at grc.com is detailed and accurate, whatever it is
Steve is addressing.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.

Post a reply to this message

I've removed the offending files from my machine - but with over 40,000
files on it there could be more.

Mick

       http://www.minda.swinternet.co.uk/index.htm