POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : ATTN: Windows users, is your privacy guarranteed? : Re: Hmmmm.... Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hmmmm....
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 9 Mar 2000 02:24:39
Message: <38C75319.4ADCA78C@geocities.com>
Ron Parker wrote:

> http://kumite.com/myths/myths/myth036.htm
> http://www.aureate.com/privacy/falserumors.html
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-202-1558696.html
> http://kumite.com/myths/opinion/thoughts/2000/#000229

I'm not so sure.

A lot of this reads very much like what Double-click said upon their
original acquistion of the identity company. Or like what MS initially
insisted about the Win95 on-line registration. Of course, things are not
nearly as bad as the initial hype, but then again there might be some
very valid concerns.

Among other things, http://grc.com/aureate.htm does specifically mention
the second and third links you have there. So go read the stuff at grc.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.