POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : ATTN: Windows users, is your privacy guarranteed? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  ATTN: Windows users, is your privacy guarranteed? (Message 2 to 11 of 11)
From: Jon A  Cruz
Subject: Re: ATTN: Windows users, is your privacy guarranteed?
Date: 7 Mar 2000 00:38:44
Message: <38C49752.CC2E012C@geocities.com>
Peter Popov wrote:

> No, this is not an OS bashing post, it's much more serious than that.
>

> Have you downloaded shareware/freeware software recently?
> Have you installed it?
> Are you online a good deal of time?
>
> If so, please check the following URL and any links you find in it:
>
> http://grc.com/aureate.htm
>
> It *is* a serious matter and has been the main topic for discussion in
> alt.privacy, comp.security.misc and comp.security.firewalls for quite
> some time now. I thought it would be good to let you all know.

Oh, just a quick FYI.

In general the info at grc.com is detailed and accurate, whatever it is
Steve is addressing.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 7 Mar 2000 02:40:23
Message: <38c4b267@news.povray.org>
Thanks

I've removed the offending files from my machine - but with over 40,000
files on it there could be more.

Mick

       http://www.minda.swinternet.co.uk/index.htm