POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : About WinPOV's insert menu and custom patches... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 03:12:13 EDT (-0400)
  About WinPOV's insert menu and custom patches... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Glen Berry
Subject: About WinPOV's insert menu and custom patches...
Date: 24 Feb 2000 19:30:26
Message: <Lsq1OB0igai4Ygc=yy2aPyJqstK5@4ax.com>
Hello,

I've been thinking that it might be really nice to create some custom
additions to the Win-POV insert menu. For each new custom patch, there
should probably be new items added to the insert menu. Place them in a
"Custom Patch" category of some sort to keep them from accidently
being used when running Official POV. It would be a handy way to
verify proper syntax while getting accustomed to the new commands.

Does anyone like this idea? If so, I might be willing to compile a
comprehensive list of inserts for others to use, but I won't make this
an actual project for myself, without some interest from others.

Later,
Glen Berry

Post a reply to this message

> I've been thinking that it might be really nice to create some custom
> additions to the Win-POV insert menu. For each new custom patch, there
> should probably be new items added to the insert menu. Place them in a
> "Custom Patch" category of some sort to keep them from accidently
> being used when running Official POV. It would be a handy way to
> verify proper syntax while getting accustomed to the new commands.

I really like the idea of a 'Custom Patch' folder

Post a reply to this message

"david sharp" <dsh### [at] interportnet> wrote in message

> Glen Berry <7no### [at] ezwvcom> wrote
> > I've been thinking that it might be really nice to create some custom
> > additions to the Win-POV insert menu. For each new custom patch, there
> > should probably be new items added to the insert menu. Place them in a
> > "Custom Patch" category of some sort to keep them from accidently
> > being used when running Official POV. It would be a handy way to
> > verify proper syntax while getting accustomed to the new commands.
>
> I really like the idea of a 'Custom Patch' folder

Post a reply to this message

I've thought about this myself, and I'm tempted to publish some for my
include files as well. The big problem is that I use both Mac and
Windows,and the insert menu is completely different in terms of how you
make changes and edit it. I customize mine and try to reconcile the
changes. I've noticed MegaPov doens't have a lot of new stuff, either. I
realize it's an extra, but it would be nice to have

Josh

--
Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom