POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray Unix with mingw32 crashes on parsing Server Time
19 Mar 2024 02:30:18 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray Unix with mingw32 crashes on parsing (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Oliver
Subject: POV-Ray Unix with mingw32 crashes on parsing
Date: 4 Jan 2011 16:00:01
Message: <web.4d2389c82e6b0ca6b8f295a60@news.povray.org>
Hello,

i've compiled a 64bit and a 32bit version of povray for unix beta 40 from
scratch with mingw without cygwin. the 64bit version works like a charm. the
32bit version crashes everytime while parsing the scenes. i've already tried
using g++ 4.5.2, 4.5.0 and 4.4.0 but there is no difference. compiling with
debugging enabled and using gdb i tracked the segfault down to somewhat like
"parsing numeric expression" or so.
so... is there someone with experience in compiling povray with mingw? ;) i can
provide the binaries (with debugging enabled if you'd like)...

thanks,
olli

Post a reply to this message

> i've compiled a 64bit and a 32bit version of povray for unix beta 40 from
> scratch with mingw without cygwin. the 64bit version works like a charm. the
> 32bit version crashes everytime while parsing the scenes. i've already tried
> using g++ 4.5.2, 4.5.0 and 4.4.0 but there is no difference. compiling with
> debugging enabled and using gdb i tracked the segfault down to somewhat like
> "parsing numeric expression" or so.
> so... is there someone with experience in compiling povray with mingw? ;) i can
> provide the binaries (with debugging enabled if you'd like)...

Why on earth would you want to compile the Unix version for Windows, if
there is a native Windows version?!?

Post a reply to this message