POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Eagle layout editor and povray? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:31:43 EDT (-0400)
  Eagle layout editor and povray? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jarmo Pesonen
Subject: Eagle layout editor and povray?
Date: 10 Jul 2003 08:42:19
Message: <3f0d5f2b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Little explanation why I posted this to this newsgroup:

I am thinking that what is the easiest way to import lenght, width and
height physical information of components in board (done by Eagle layout
editor) to
mechanics designing software (AutoCAD, Inventor, etc). Sometimes layout has
some parts which are enormously high (some capacitors and inductors for
example) and wide which affect to other units in product when the PCB
(board) is placed to product's case. So it would be quite good if I could
add to board to product's mechanics design with all components' length,
width and height physical information then I could use the board as other
mechanics part are used in mechanics software. (I can see when units don't
fit beside or inside the product's case..)

After using Eagle3D's ulp program I can create .pov file from the board and
render the board by using Povray.
After the board has been  rendered the rendered picture can't be saved in
format which contains the physical information (.sat, .iges or .dxf for
example) So the rendered picture doesn't contain
the physical information? Am I right?

-Jarmo

Post a reply to this message