POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vanishing cursor Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:11:17 EDT (-0400)
  Vanishing cursor (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Andrew Coppin
Subject: Vanishing cursor
Date: 3 Oct 2002 12:56:05
Message: <3d9c76a5@news.povray.org>
I always find this if you position the cursor on the bottom-most visible
line of the editor, it doesn't show up! (Also, when you start typing,
POV-Ray moves the editor up a line, and it then becomes visible.) This is a
bit irritating.

I'm fairly sure I remember it happening with POV-Ray 3.1; it definitely
happens with 3.5, on both Win98 and WinXP. Not a life-threatening problem,
but annoying.

Andrew.

Post a reply to this message

> I always find this if you position the cursor on the bottom-most visible
> line of the editor, it doesn't show up! (Also, when you start typing,
> POV-Ray moves the editor up a line, and it then becomes visible.) This is a
> bit irritating.

I cannot duplicate this problem.

> I'm fairly sure I remember it happening with POV-Ray 3.1; it definitely
> happens with 3.5, on both Win98 and WinXP. Not a life-threatening problem,
> but annoying.

I never saw this on v3.1 nor do I see it now on v3.5.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

>> I always find this if you position the cursor on the bottom-most
>> visible line of the editor, it doesn't show up! (Also, when you start
>> typing, POV-Ray moves the editor up a line, and it then becomes
>> visible.) This is a bit irritating.
>
> I cannot duplicate this problem.

Neither me.
BTW, that's the caret :-) See "MIKA POV 4 Windows, editor glitch" thread.
Just joking :-)
POV 4?

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)