POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vanishing cursor : Re: Vanishing cursor Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:37:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vanishing cursor
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 4 Oct 2002 08:20:20
Message: <3d9d8784@news.povray.org>
Ah... Wait I sec... I just tried this...

Let's say you've got a file loaded that's several screens long. If you use
the down-array key to move the cursor, the window starts to scroll when the
cursor reaches the penultimate line. However... if you click on the bottom
visible line, the cursor does indeed vanish. If you type something, the
window immediately scrolls up a line, proving that the cursor *is* there,
just not visible.

Also, if you place the cursor somewhere and use the scrollbar on the right
to move the text until the line with the cursor is the bottom line visible,
the cursor again dissappears.

Finally, when you render, the message window opens at the bottom of the
screen. If the cursor happens to be on the line that becomes the last line
above this window, when it opens the cursor again disappears. (Of course, if
the cursor is lower down then it gets covered by the message window anyway.)

Let's see if anyone can duplicate that... :-)

Andrew.