POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : SMPOV Download disabled till tomorrow, an error condition and one feature request Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:01:17 EDT (-0400)
  SMPOV Download disabled till tomorrow, an error condition and one feature request (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: Jim Kress
Subject: Re: So please WHERE is that file ?
Date: 15 Aug 2002 15:58:07
Message: <3d5c07cf$1@news.povray.org>
> If you don't understand how POV-Rays radiosity works, just shut up,
please.

>     Thorsten

LOL!

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Scott Moore
Date: 15 Aug 2002 19:50:09
Message: <rdfolu8vg4vts892hqv7ljqf1oqparnau9@4ax.com>
On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:18:18 -0700, "khaver" <kha### [at] netzeronet>
wrote:

>So what you all are saying is, if you have a radiosity scene where you only
>render a small portion of the full camera's view, that "tile" will not look
>the same as that same area on the fully rendered picture?  This does not
>seem to be right.  Each process started by SMPOV is simply rendering a part
>of the whole camera's view, so each process would be calculating the
>radiosity in the exact same way.
>
>khaver

<tippy_toe> pssst ... <whisper> hi khaver ... check out
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/309/ section 9.1.3.2
</whisper> </tippy_toe>

Cheers,

Scott

Post a reply to this message

From: ABX
Date: 16 Aug 2002 02:37:35
Message: <227plus3f7q0mpccpns9l06la5aumf2od4@4ax.com>
On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:09:41 +0200, "Theo Gottwald *"
<The### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> I want to see that in real. Can you please sent me a ".pov"-File which I can
> render in tiles to see the problems ?

1. take any radiosity scene from standard distro
2. render it with jitter and aa off
3. render subregion with jitter and aa off
4. compare each pixel of results

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> If you don't understand how POV-Rays radiosity works, just shut up, please.

Why be so rude ?  If that's the 123125th time someone asks the same
thing, there is probably someone else willing to give the 123125th
answer, so you don't have to "waste your time"...

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message