POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : File queues & ini files Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  File queues & ini files (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Chris Baker
Subject: File queues & ini files
Date: 10 Jun 2002 04:03:56
Message: <3d045d6c@news.povray.org>
Hi
It would useful to associate a particular ini file to a particular pov file.
I wish to render a batch of files, using file queue, but they each have
their own ini file stting frame nos. etc. Any ideas?
Chris in Isle of Man

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:03:59 +0100, "Chris Baker" <chr### [at] mdiomcoim> wrote:
> Hi
> It would useful to associate a particular ini file to a particular pov file.
> I wish to render a batch of files, using file queue, but they each have
> their own ini file stting frame nos. etc. Any ideas?
> Chris in Isle of Man

I don't understand your problem - ini files are already "associated" to pov
files with Input_File_Name option (equivalent of +I switch). And You can
render queue of ini/pov files with Queue function. So what's the problem you
have exactly?

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:03:59 +0100, "Chris Baker" <chr### [at] mdiomcoim>
wrote:
> > It would useful to associate a particular ini file to a particular pov
file.
> > I wish to render a batch of files, using file queue, but they each have
> > their own ini file stting frame nos. etc. Any ideas?
>
> I don't understand your problem - ini files are already "associated" to
pov
> files with Input_File_Name option (equivalent of +I switch). And You can
> render queue of ini/pov files with Queue function. So what's the problem
you
> have exactly?

That was probably it, maybe just needed to know to queue the INI's instead
with a Input_File_Name=scene.pov added to each. I would guess opposite to
the common way most people render a file, ie. pov with associated ini versus
ini with associated pov.

bob h

Post a reply to this message

Does anyone know how to increase the size of the file que or run mulitple
scene files from a ini file?  I'm developing a program that outputs many
frames (1500+) and I have to launch mulitiple instances to run all of the
scene at once.

-Zach

"bob h" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message

> > On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:03:59 +0100, "Chris Baker" <chr### [at] mdiomcoim>
> wrote:
> > > It would useful to associate a particular ini file to a particular pov
> file.
> > > I wish to render a batch of files, using file queue, but they each
have
> > > their own ini file stting frame nos. etc. Any ideas?
> >
> > I don't understand your problem - ini files are already "associated" to
> pov
> > files with Input_File_Name option (equivalent of +I switch). And You can
> > render queue of ini/pov files with Queue function. So what's the problem
> you
> > have exactly?
>
> That was probably it, maybe just needed to know to queue the INI's instead
> with a Input_File_Name=scene.pov added to each. I would guess opposite to
> the common way most people render a file, ie. pov with associated ini
versus
> ini with associated pov.
>
> bob h

Post a reply to this message