POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : File queues & ini files : Re: File queues & ini files Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:28:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File queues & ini files
From: Mike Williams
Date: 15 Jun 2002 09:39:20
Message: <0R8W5CA$4zC9EwqM@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it niteris_2000 who wrote:
>Does anyone know how to increase the size of the file que or run mulitple
>scene files from a ini file?  I'm developing a program that outputs many
>frames (1500+) and I have to launch mulitiple instances to run all of the
>scene at once.

Can you possibly use techniques designed for animation?

Group together the scenes that have the same basic ini file requirements
and give them names that can be calculated programmatically (e.g.
scene1.pov, scene2.pov etc.). Then the associated ini file invokes a
master POV scene file with a suitable final_frame setting. The
Master.pov file looks at the current frame number, determines the name
of the next actual POV scene file and #include's it.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure