POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Text Streams Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Text Streams (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Andrew
Subject: Text Streams
Date: 31 Oct 2001 12:57:45
Message: <3be03b99@news.povray.org>
I have been rendering a 10,000 frame "animation" today, each frame only
taking a couple of seconds.  However, when I got back from work,
expecting it to have finished, it had only done 3,000 frames, and was
now averaging 6 seconds a frame.  Oddly, all this extra time was coming
from updating the message streams.

With the window open, it would print about 3 new lines a second, taking
several seconds to get to rendering the next frame.  Even minimised, it
still had to wait several seconds between frames.  What's going on here
?!?  The "animation" was simply a huge number of Julia fractals with
different parameters, and a text object, so there was no memory issues
here.  The message buffer only went back 100 or so frames.

I am using the latest beta version for windows.  Is this a bug?  Can
anyone explain this?

PS the problem disappears entirely using the -ga (All Console Off)
switch.

Post a reply to this message