POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV 3.5 help files Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  POV 3.5 help files (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Brendan Hurley
Subject: POV 3.5 help files
Date: 3 Aug 2002 15:51:26
Message: <3D4C3646.95C6F618@saber.net>
Howdy, folks,
Just installed 3.5, tried to access the Help files for Scenes...no
response from my machine.   The ReadMe says that I need HTMLHelp
program and IE 4+.  I installed IE, but I can't seem to find HTMLHelp
at MS site.  Where can I get this?  I really need to read the new
manual to learn the new stuff in 3.5.

Thanks in advance.
(and, if this has been answered recently, I'm sorry to ask again, I
have not visited the newsgroups in many weeks...)

Blessings,
          Brendan

--
Michael Brendan Hurley           ShadowDancerEnterprizes, LTD.
POV Site: http://www.geocities.com/mbrendanh/indxx01.html

Post a reply to this message

"Brendan Hurley" <mbh### [at] sabernet> wrote in message
> Just installed 3.5, tried to access the Help files for Scenes...no
> response from my machine.   The ReadMe says that I need HTMLHelp
> program and IE 4+.  I installed IE, but I can't seem to find HTMLHelp
> at MS site.  Where can I get this?  I really need to read the new
> manual to learn the new stuff in 3.5.

Hi Brendan,

Try this web page:
http://www.helpware.net/htmlhelp/hh_info.htm
Go to the link partway down that page (below the check version button) where
it says:

MS HTML Help Home Page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/htmlhelp/html/vsconHH1Start.asp

Or simply use this one. That web page explains a whole lot of stuff though,
just in case you have trouble.

Bob

Post a reply to this message

>...I need HTMLHelp program and IE 4+.  I installed IE, but I can't seem to find
HTMLHelp at MS site.  Where can I get this?

> Hi Brendan,
> Try this web page:
[snip]

Am downloading it tonight (right now)  will check back to you with
(hopefully) positive results.

Blessings,
          Brendan

From: hughes b
Date: 4 Aug 2002 01:48:39
Message: <3d4cc037@news.povray.org>
> Thanks, hughes b,
>
> Am downloading it tonight (right now)  will check back to you with
> (hopefully) positive results.

All right, you can call me Bob if you can remember, with all the name
changing I do. Call me anything except Robert since that is not on my birth
certificate like all my teachers had thought over the course of a dozen or
so years.

Maybe HTML Help just plain isn't included with IE. I don't remember how the
install went when I put IE4 on. Was on new IBM in '97 or '98 and it also had
Win95 and IE3.02 at the time, just before Win98. I'm not at all sure about
this but maybe HTML Help was added to IE5 and above.

Well, whatever... I think you might need to check Windows Update site to see
if there are any Critical Update's after you finish the install since CHM
files (which HTMLH uses) can be a security issue I guess.

Post a reply to this message

From: Pabs
Date: 7 Aug 2002 23:24:32
Message: <3d51e470@news.povray.org>
> Where can I get this?
ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Windows/hhupd.exe

Post a reply to this message

From: Brendan Hurley
Date: 21 Aug 2002 00:07:45
Message: <3D631202.D58B95D8@saber.net>
Hey, Pabs,

> > Where can I get this?
> ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Windows/hhupd.exe

Read the messages in this thread.  Other POV users gave me the URLs to
find these files.  I installed them with no problem; now the POV help
inside the editor works fine.
Thanks, guys, much appreciated!

Blessings,
          Brendan