POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Alpha channel Server Time
5 Jul 2024 04:58:57 EDT (-0400)
  Alpha channel (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Alexey Popov
Subject: Alpha channel
Date: 25 Oct 2000 07:09:45
Message: <39f6bf79@news.povray.org>
Can somebody explane me, how i can use alpha, not b/w! I have problem with
crayscale alpha :(((((

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: Alpha channel
Date: 26 Oct 2000 04:41:40
Message: <khqfvs8to8qinv3lt8oivq4okjajjerspq@4ax.com>
On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 15:09:45 +0400, "Alexey Popov" <den### [at] auru>
wrote:

>Can somebody explane me, how i can use alpha, not b/w! I have problem with
>crayscale alpha :(((((

Can you be a little more precise as of what your problem is, Alexey?
You don't want the alpha channel to be anti-aliased? If so, one
solution is to make two renderings, one normal with -ua and +a and the
other with +ua and -a, then use the alpha channel of the second with
the image channels of the first. Or you can give your object a
completely white pigment and an ambient of 1 and render it against a
black background with anti-aliasing switched off (which is basically
the same as the previous method :) )

(BTW if explanations in Russian will be easier for you, you can
contact me at my TAG address below)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet