POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Continuing a previous render Server Time
5 Jul 2024 05:54:11 EDT (-0400)
  Continuing a previous render (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Geoff Wedig
Subject: Continuing a previous render
Date: 6 Sep 2000 11:17:03
Message: <39b65feb@news.povray.org>
I know the windows GUI can continue an immediately previous render (Render,
Rerun), but I've run another render while stopped.  IS there any way to
continue the render before?  I don't want to have to rerun, as the
rendertime was already close to a week, and likely to take twice hat for the
remainder of the file.  I'd just render the piece I'm missing and piece
together using photoshop, but it won't load a partial tga file.

Any thoughts?

Geoff

Post a reply to this message

> I know the windows GUI can continue an immediately previous render (Render,
> Rerun), but I've run another render while stopped.  IS there any way to
> continue the render before?  I don't want to have to rerun, as the
> rendertime was already close to a week, and likely to take twice hat for the
> remainder of the file.  I'd just render the piece I'm missing and piece
> together using photoshop, but it won't load a partial tga file.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Geoff

how about +C ? Of course it only works when the partly renderd image file is
still there.

Otherwise you have to use -srXXX with XXX standing for the starting line.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>