POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Multiple processors and POV-Ray Server Time
8 Jul 2024 03:35:18 EDT (-0400)
  Multiple processors and POV-Ray (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Dan Moulding
Subject: Multiple processors and POV-Ray
Date: 9 Feb 2000 23:45:25
Message: <38a24265@news.povray.org>
This is probably a question that gets asked alot, but I've looked everywhere
else and found no answer:

Is there any support in POV-Ray for computers with multiple processors
(SMP)? Speciffically with the Windows (NT) version? When rendering on my
dual-processor machine, POV-Ray only utilizes 50% of the available processor
time. Any help, ideas, or suggestions would be very appreciated! Thanks in
advance!

Dan Moulding
dan### [at] sterwentcom

Post a reply to this message

> This is probably a question that gets asked alot, but I've looked everywhere
> else and found no answer:
>
> Is there any support in POV-Ray for computers with multiple processors
> (SMP)? Speciffically with the Windows (NT) version? When rendering on my
> dual-processor machine, POV-Ray only utilizes 50% of the available processor
> time. Any help, ideas, or suggestions would be very appreciated! Thanks in
> advance!
>
> Dan Moulding
> dan### [at] sterwentcom

Warp and I just add a section about this to the POV-Ray VFAQ that should
answer your question in full. Follow the link to the road to knowlege -

http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/languageVFAQ.html#multiprocessor