POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows editor bug Server Time
2 Jul 2024 08:56:43 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows editor bug (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: Spider
Subject: Re: POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows editor bug
Date: 11 Feb 1999 18:25:14
Message: <36C3659C.1B7CD8A3@bahnhof.se>
Thanx, I didn't think it was a bug, but I didn't know what it was
either... a generally good editor, but... how do I create my own
colour-shemes ???

//Spider

Barry Allyn wrote:

> Ctrl+Delete in CodeMax is 'WordDeleteToEnd', not 'LineDelete'.  If you have
> an extended selection and press Ctrl+Delete, CodeMax will extend the
> selection to the end of the word (which may be on the next line) and delete
> the entire selection.
>
> If you still think you have encountered a bug, please let me know..
>
> Thanks,
>
> Barry Allyn
> CodeMax author

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Date: 12 Feb 1999 00:07:01
Message: <36c3b405.2556824@news.povray.org>
On 11 Feb 1999 02:03:15 -0500, "Barry Allyn" <bar### [at] winmaincom>
wrote:

>I decided to mimic the MS Ctrl-Y behavior (Cut line) instead of the
>Wordstar/Borland behavior (delete line) simply because I modeled CodeMax
>after the DevStudio editor.
>
>Barry Allyn - CodeMax author
>WinMain Software

Sir, I am glad I have the chance to personally congratulate you for
the wonderful editor you've made. The CodeMax editor is really neat
and has a lot of really great features, most of them I've seen in
other programs and liked a lot, but never saw all in the same place.

As it's clear now that the ctrl-y implementation it's a matter of
taste and not a bug, I humbly request that any replies to this message
are not posted to .bugreports, just here. It was my mistake, sorry I
crossposted .

(crouching in a corner asking for mercy),

Peter

Post a reply to this message