POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38 Server Time
4 May 2024 13:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38 (Message 1 to 10 of 31)
From: RSM
Subject: wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38
Date: 1 Oct 2023 10:55:00
Message: <web.651987ea8ff820e138789ea2e542b12d@news.povray.org>
When i try to render a scene after compiling it on Fedora 38 the program runs
very fast and produces a totally white image. i am outputing the scene as a png
file.

it is povray 3.8 beta 1.

Does anyone have any tips on how to compile the program properly on Fedora 38?

This is the script i use to compile the program.

#!/bin/bash
CXXFLAGS="-Wno-multichar"
../configure COMPILED_BY="RSM"  --with-boost=/usr/lib64 --disable-io-restrictions
--with-boost-thread=boost_thread LIBS=-Lboost_system
export LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} -L/usr/lib64"
make clean
make check
make install

Thank you
RSM

Post a reply to this message

> When i try to render a scene after compiling it on Fedora 38 the program runs
> very fast and produces a totally white image. i am outputing the scene as a png
> file. ...
> make check

but 'make check' showed the "biscuit" ?

fwiw, I used the following (excerpt from script) to build beta.1:

CXXFLAGS="$BLDFLAGS" \
  ./configure \
  --enable-silent-rules \
  --libdir=/usr/local/lib64 \
  --sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc \
  --localstatedir=/var \
  --mandir=/usr/local/man \
  --without-libmkl \
  COMPILED_BY="$POVRAY_BUILDER"

make
make check
make install

if rebuilding makes no difference, perhaps you could record the
 build process, eg.

  $ script /tmp/build-log
  $ ./mybashscript
  $ exit

and attach that file in the follow-up post.  hope that helps.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message