POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Boost library requirements Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:32:42 EDT (-0400)
  Boost library requirements (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Boost library requirements
Date: 22 Jan 2012 16:15:01
Message: <web.4f1c7b662279e06885de7b680@news.povray.org>
When I try to build the boost library, I get complaints about MPI, bzip2, and
python.  Specifically:

   warning: Graph library does not contain MPI-based parallel components.
   note: to enable them, add "using mpi ;" to your user-config.jam
       - iconv (libc)             : yes
       - icu                      : no
       - icu (lib64)              : no
       - ../config//has_gcc_visibility builds : yes
       - ../config//has_long_double_support builds : yes
   warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface (MPI) library.
   note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
   note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
   note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.

Plus 2 bzip2-related modules and 56 python-related modules that won't compile.

I'll keep trying to figure this stuff out (note: unless someone posts that I can
safely ignore these messages).  But first, I'm gonna watch the New England
Patriots beat the Baltimore Ravens.

Post a reply to this message

On 01/22/2012 04:11 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> When I try to build the boost library, I get complaints about MPI, bzip2, and
> python.  Specifically:
>     ______________________________________________________________________
>
>     warning: Graph library does not contain MPI-based parallel components.
>     note: to enable them, add "using mpi ;" to your user-config.jam
>         - iconv (libc)             : yes
>         - icu                      : no
>         - icu (lib64)              : no
>         - ../config//has_gcc_visibility builds : yes
>         - ../config//has_long_double_support builds : yes
>     warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface (MPI) library.
>     note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
>     note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
>     note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.
>     ______________________________________________________________________
>
> Plus 2 bzip2-related modules and 56 python-related modules that won't compile.
>
> I'll keep trying to figure this stuff out (note: unless someone posts that I can
> safely ignore these messages).  But first, I'm gonna watch the New England
> Patriots beat the Baltimore Ravens.

well ... being as it says optional my 1st guess be that my /might/
squeak by but if it were me I'd want to resolve to before forging ahead.
As for the Pats beating the Ravens ... being as it was 13 - 10 at the
half I don't think it's going to be the cakewalk that some predicted ...
Brady seems off. The better game will be the night-cap ... Go 9ers!

Post a reply to this message

Jim Holsenback <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> As for the Pats beating the Ravens ... being as it was 13 - 10 at the
> half I don't think it's going to be the cakewalk that some predicted ...
> Brady seems off. The better game will be the night-cap ... Go 9ers!

Yeah, Brady's definitely off tonight. :-(
</offtopic>

Post a reply to this message

Le 22/01/2012 22:11, Cousin Ricky nous fit lire :
> When I try to build the boost library, I get complaints about MPI, bzip2, and
> python.  Specifically:
>    ______________________________________________________________________
>
>    warning: Graph library does not contain MPI-based parallel components.
>    note: to enable them, add "using mpi ;" to your user-config.jam
>        - iconv (libc)             : yes
>        - icu                      : no
>        - icu (lib64)              : no
>        - ../config//has_gcc_visibility builds : yes
>        - ../config//has_long_double_support builds : yes
>    warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface (MPI) library.
>    note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
>    note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
>    note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.
>    ______________________________________________________________________
>
> Plus 2 bzip2-related modules and 56 python-related modules that won't compile.
>
> I'll keep trying to figure this stuff out (note: unless someone posts that I can
> safely ignore these messages).  But first, I'm gonna watch the New England
> Patriots beat the Baltimore Ravens.

Boost & Python ??? uh !
I thought Boost was about C++.
AFAIK, you do not need the graph library of boost for povray.

needed are hash, thread, weak_ptr, scoped_ptr, unordered_map, condition,
string algorithm, date & time, math fancies (common factor as well as
mersenne twister... and more)... but no graph.

Post a reply to this message

On 01/22/2012 05:30 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> needed are hash, thread, weak_ptr, scoped_ptr, unordered_map, condition,
> string algorithm, date&  time, math fancies (common factor as well as
> mersenne twister... and more)... but no graph.

hmmm ... I only managed to recall 4 from your list. What about the "and
more"? Would the work that's being done for the windows source build,
that was recently checked in be helpful in completing this list? I think
this comes under the heading of good to know information, and I'd be
willing to do the busy work

Post a reply to this message

Le 23/01/2012 00:09, Jim Holsenback nous fit lire :
> On 01/22/2012 05:30 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>> needed are hash, thread, weak_ptr, scoped_ptr, unordered_map, condition,
>> string algorithm, date&  time, math fancies (common factor as well as
>> mersenne twister... and more)... but no graph.
>
> hmmm ... I only managed to recall 4 from your list. What about the "and
> more"? Would the work that's being done for the windows source build,
> that was recently checked in be helpful in completing this list? I think
> this comes under the heading of good to know information, and I'd be
> willing to do the busy work

I just did a quick (and very dirty) :
grep -r boost . |grep include |sed -e "s/^.*://g" |sort |sort -u

(and it has still many rubbishes) on the sources... I'm not sure to
identify all the primary components of boost (vs the subtilities of
smaller components; I'm not that familiar with their packaging)

Post a reply to this message