POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Boost library requirements : Re: Boost library requirements Server Time
2 May 2024 14:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boost library requirements
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 23 Jan 2012 02:15:40
Message: <4f1d091c$1@news.povray.org>
Le 23/01/2012 02:28, Cousin Ricky a écrit :
> I added "using mpi ;" to my user-config.jam.  I got back:
>    You will need to manually configure MPI support.
>
> I don't like getting messages like this. >:-(

AFAIK, you do not need MPI (optimisation of code by compiler applied to
sequential code to use parallelism when available and triggered by the
code itself). The parallelism of povray 3.7 is explicit, using threads.

Otherwise, you should install "Open MPI" to get with the installation of
mpic++ (which is a wrapper on your usual c++ compiler, so if your g++ is
out of date, that will be yet another story)

http://www.open-mpi.org/