POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Verbose option works with Linux, even if we won't. Server Time
1 Jul 2024 12:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Verbose option works with Linux, even if we won't. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Emmanuel
Subject: Verbose option works with Linux, even if we won't.
Date: 27 Jun 2004 18:45:00
Message: <web.40df4cbee4d656a1188444110@news.povray.org>
Hello !

I'm running the official povray 3.6 binary on a debian linux with an athlon
and 512 Mb of ram.

I'm currently trying to display a rendering picture in raw text mode, as

variable in my environement, and some sort of ascii art are displayed, as I
want. But I don't understand why despite the fact there is the -V switch,
the verbose line is still updated.

Here is a copy of the buffer of my term. We can see that even with the -V
switch, the verbose display is still on, and destroy the ascii art. I have
tried all kinds of switches (disabling other streams) without success.
There is still all the streams displaye on the output. This is not a
problem for the others streams because they are displayed before or after
the rendering, but since the status stream is displayed at the same time as
the rendering, there is a problem : we can't see the raw image.

manu@eole:~/povray/040530NightClub$ povray +d -f -V +i main.pov -GA -GR -GW
-GF
povray: cannot open the user configuration file
/home/manu/.povray/3.6/povray.conf: No such file or directory
Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.6.0 (g++ 3.4.0 @
 i686-pc-linux-gnu)
This is an official version prepared by the POV-Ray Team. See the
 documentation on how to contact the authors or visit us on the
 internet at http://www.povray.org/.
POV-Ray is based on DKBTrace 2.12 by David K. Buck & Aaron A. Collins
Support libraries used by POV-Ray:
  ZLib 1.2.1, Copyright 1995-1998 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler
  LibPNG 1.2.5, Copyright 1998-2002 Glenn Randers-Pehrson
  LibJPEG 6b, Copyright 1998 Thomas G. Lane
  LibTIFF 3.6.1, Copyright 1988-1997 Sam Leffler, 1991-1997 SGI
Redirecting Options
  All Streams to console..........Off
  Debug Stream to console.........Off
  Fatal Stream to console.........Off
  Render Stream to console........Off
  Statistics Stream to console....Off
  Warning Stream to console.......Off
Parsing Options
  Input file: main.pov (compatible to version 3.60)
  Remove bounds........On
  Split unions.........Off
  Library paths:
    /usr/local/share/povray-3.6
    /usr/local/share/povray-3.6/ini
    /usr/local/share/povray-3.6/include
Output Options
  Image resolution 320 by 240 (rows 1 to 240, columns 1 to 320).
  Graphic display......On  (gamma: 2.6)
  Mosaic preview.......Off
  CPU usage histogram..Off
  Continued trace......Off
Tracing Options
  Quality:  9
  Bounding boxes.......On   Bounding threshold: 3
  Light Buffer.........On
  Vista Buffer.........On   Draw Vista Buffer....Off
  Antialiasing.........Off
  Clock value:    0.000  (Animation off)

  0:00:00 Parsing
File: hallogen.inc  Line: 57
Parse Warning: Illegal Value: Scale X by 0.0. Changed to 1.0.
File: hallogen.inc  Line: 57
Parse Warning: Illegal Value: Scale Z by 0.0. Changed to 1.0.
File: hallogen.inc  Line: 73
Parse Warning: No pigment type given.
Cleanup Parse Warning: This rendering uses the following experimental
 feature(s): spline. The design and implementation of these features is
likely
 to change in future versions of POV-Ray. Full backward compatibility with
the
 current implementation is NOT guaranteed.

  0:00:00 Creating bounding slabs
  0:00:00 Creating vista buffer
  0:00:00 Creating light buffers 10K tokens
Scene Statistics
  Finite objects:            2
  Infinite objects:          1
  Light sources:             1
  Total:                     4

  0:00:00 Displaying
  0:00:00 Rendering line 1 of 240

                     0:00:01 Rendering line 44 of 240
                            .....oooooooooo***********
             .....oooooo*****@@@@@@@@@@****************
......oooooo******@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@*********
.......ooooo******@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@  0:00:02 Rendering
line 89 of 240*****@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@MMMMMMMMMMMM
  MMMMMMMMMMMM@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
   MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMM  0:00:03 Rendering line 127 of 240@@@@@MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM@@@@@@@MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM@@MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
 0:00:04 Rendering line 162 of
240MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
 0:00:05 Rendering line 193 of
240MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Possible Rendering Error: Got 1 SIGINT.

  0:00:05 Aborting render!
  0:00:05 User abort
Total Scene Processing Times
  Parse Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Photon Time:   0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Render Time:   0 hours  0 minutes  5 seconds (5 seconds)
  Total Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  5 seconds (5 seconds)
manu@eole:~/povray/040530NightClub$

Am I wrong ?

Post a reply to this message