POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Verbose option works with Linux, even if we won't. : Re: Verbose option works with Linux, even if we won't. Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:43:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Verbose option works with Linux, even if we won't.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 28 Jun 2004 11:28:59
Message: <40e0393b@news.povray.org>
In article <40e02016$1@news.povray.org> , Nicolas Calimet
<pov### [at] freefr>  wrote:

>  No, you're right, and honestly this is a known (and unfortunately
> not well documented) issue that the 3.6 developers didn't have the time to
> fix before the release -- there are others too.  You know these are the
> typical issues marked with a "// FIXME" in the code, but which have a
> rather low priority.

Actually, that particular "FIXME" you are referring to would not change this
at all (it would only allow to disable the additional information in that
line).  The code is actually in the expected state, but that "FIXME" never
got removed...

>  In principle that should make it in a 3.6.x some time  :-)

I do not expect this to ever change:  The ASCII art output is much more
likely to get dropped as it is hardly used at all and makes cleaning up the
image preview code difficult anyway.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde