POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Re: New version: QTPov Editor v0.3.3 Server Time
1 Jul 2024 12:52:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version: QTPov Editor v0.3.3 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: dvddecrypter
Subject: Re: New version: QTPov Editor v0.3.3
Date: 26 May 2004 21:00:01
Message: <web.40b53cb92e57bb01da91f8310@news.povray.org>
I'm running Mepis Linux version b0

- When I try to render a scene I get an error on the POVRay Output screen:
   Parsing...Possible Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Could not find
file '013surface_of_revolution_object.pov'

Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Cannot open input file.

- Path selection tool... What is it? What paths should I be putting in here?

- Povray keywords file... What is it? I can't find any information about a
file like this on my machine or on the web.

- Ini keywords file: What is it?

- Insert menu path: ?

- On the main screen, Ini to use: says no ini but I have put the path in
preferences to the Default Ini file

- On the declarations view my ini files say file not found.

I tried finding the answers to these questions first in the source file,
then on sourceforge, then here. Thanks for any help you can give.

Post a reply to this message

> - When I try to render a scene I get an error on the POVRay Output screen:
>    Parsing...Possible Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Could not find
> file '013surface_of_revolution_object.pov'
>
> Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Cannot open input file.

It seems like povray is started in a different directory from what it
should be.
You have to know that povray is started in the directory of current file

> - Path selection tool... What is it? What paths should I be putting in here?

It allows you to tell QTPov Editor where to look for included files, in
order to list their #macro and #declare in the declarations tree (right
part of the editor).
This has nothing to do with povray : it is only used by QTPov Editor

> - Povray keywords file... What is it? I can't find any information about a
> file like this on my machine or on the web.
It is the file containing the keywords to highlight in the SDL Editor
tabs. It is provided in the ressources package :
http://qtpoveditor.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=5

> - Ini keywords file: What is it?
It is the file containing the keywords to highlight in the INI Editor
tabs. It is provided in the ressources package :
http://qtpoveditor.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=5

> - Insert menu path: ?
The path to the Insert menu directory : like in PovWin, you can have a
customized insert menu. It is provided in the ressources package

> - On the main screen, Ini to use: says no ini but I have put the path in
> preferences to the Default Ini file
if you select "no ini", it will use the default ini file. The
denomination has changed for v0.3.4 (to be published at the end of the week)

> - On the declarations view my ini files say file not found.
It is because you don't have put them in the "Paths selection tool"

> I tried finding the answers to these questions first in the source file,
> then on sourceforge, then here. Thanks for any help you can give.

you should take a look at the FAQ :
http://qtpoveditor.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=FAQ

and post further questions on the forum :
http://qtpoveditor.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=Forums

Thanks for using QTPov Editor :)

Thierry