POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : linux recompile/configure/install povray A PAYING GIG!!!!! Server Time
1 Jul 2024 12:28:00 EDT (-0400)
  linux recompile/configure/install povray A PAYING GIG!!!!! (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: 3dtrue
Subject: linux recompile/configure/install povray A PAYING GIG!!!!!
Date: 21 May 2004 23:25:00
Message: <web.40aec7cc49885b984700678c0@news.povray.org>
I give up. I am trying to do something so very very simple.
I also need to move on. Been working on this since yesterday.
Not to mention i hope this is the right place to contribute in the form of
cold hard cash!

I have tried to rebuild povray on my remote linux web server.
Why? so i can run povray from my crontab. Once an hour, as root.
I heard thru these boards i needed to recompile povray without the display
option or else i cannot do what i want to. I recompiled povray. and rebuilt
it successfully without the x display option.
Now, any attempt to run povray my new image file is created but empty. Also,
in my ssh window, i only see a quick flash of povray text. Ending most of
the time with Output Options. I am access my server from my home computer
via ssh window.

I am really stuck here. Sorry im an idiot and all that.
If i knew how to uninstall povray i would go back to the nonsource version.
When i had that installed, it would at least render for me. Help.

If you can help me and are willing to talk on the phone and can accept money
thru paypal, i would like to commission you for help on this project. Over
the phone i can get your paypal email address and pay you on the spot
($50.00 guaranteed for help). I would be willing to pay for help installing
povray to work via my crontab or a cgi interface, whichever is easier for
you to do. But i need to know how you are doing it, hence the phone call.
Hopefully, we could do it together over the phone.

i have a fast root connection to my server via Putty ssh. I assure you i am
not an idiot in linux, i have compiled apache, configured ssl, installed
cpan modules, made suexec work, run dns etc. I promise you won't regret
helping me. I also know perl very well. But i cannot figure out how to do
what i need here. Again, trying to get povray to render hourly from my
remote linux machine. Ideally using cron our cgi.

In summary $50.00 guaranteed minimum if you can help me install povray as
speced above. Keep in mind the source is already on the server waiting for
your magic commands :).

Interested? If so please email me at the following email address:
axe### [at] gigfootnet
Note, this email address is temporary and will become inactive after one of
you helps me solve this problem.

Friday, May 21, 2004
somewhere in north carolina

P.S. If you contributed to the povray source code in anyway, please let me
know on the phone before i send your payment.

Post a reply to this message