POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Installing POV Ray on RH Linux 9 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Installing POV Ray on RH Linux 9 (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Unwashed
Subject: Re: Installing POV Ray on RH Linux 9
Date: 25 Jul 2003 19:35:01
Message: <web.3f21bdbb8034b8f03d953fe0@news.povray.org>
Bonsai wrote:
>Maybe you don't have PNG-Support installed. Search for a RPM called
>libpng*.rpm on the RedHat CDs. Install it an try again to install
>POV-Ray. Or maybe libpng is not called "libpng.so.0". Then a symbolic
>link (ln -s) could help you.
>
>This is what I would try,
>
>Bonsai

Well, I have libpng on my machine.  I went to the extent that I have changed
distributions from RH 9 to Mandrake 9.1  I know that there is a command or
two that I'm missing and I will kick myself for not getting it the first
time, but for the life of me I can't decipher it.  I even went to the
extent of re- reading about installing tarballs on TLDP, but I can't get
../configure ./install or make to work.  Really frustrating.

Post a reply to this message