POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray and perl Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:33:46 EDT (-0400)
  Povray and perl (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dan
Subject: Povray and perl
Date: 28 May 2003 16:00:02
Message: <web.3ed5152da1d66fb4c967fd770@news.povray.org>
I am trying to run povray thru a perl script as part of a cgi page.
When i run povray thru perl from the command line it works just fine,
But when i try and run it through the internet cgi i get a segmentation
fault and a core dump.  I do not believe that permissions are an issue and
when i test in the script for the existance of povray it says its there and
i can even list its permissions.  Does anyone have any idea what may be
happening?

-dan

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to run povray thru a perl script as part of a cgi page.
> When i run povray thru perl from the command line it works just fine,
> But when i try and run it through the internet cgi i get a segmentation
> fault and a core dump.  I do not believe that permissions are an issue and
> when i test in the script for the existance of povray it says its there and
> i can even list its permissions.  Does anyone have any idea what may be
> happening?

Make sure you run it with display off ('-d') and make sure you have read
access to the povray.conf file.

Christoph

I check the povray.conf file and read access was fine,
and i had already tried with the -d parameter. I have found that i can
call povray without any parameters and get it to respond, but the minute i
add an input parameter, it causes a core dump.  More explicitly, i am using
system call inside of perl script to execute povray.  Again, there are no
problems from the command line, but it core dumps when run through the web
server.

-dan

Christoph Hormann wrote:

>Dan wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to run povray thru a perl script as part of a cgi page.
>> When i run povray thru perl from the command line it works just fine,
>> But when i try and run it through the internet cgi i get a segmentation
>> fault and a core dump.  I do not believe that permissions are an issue and
>> when i test in the script for the existance of povray it says its there and
>> i can even list its permissions.  Does anyone have any idea what may be
>> happening?
>
>Make sure you run it with display off ('-d') and make sure you have read
>access to the povray.conf file.
>
>Christoph
>
>POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Sim-POV,
>HCR-Edit and more: http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/
>Last updated 28 Feb. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message