POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : IRIX 6.5 povray3.50c Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:00:35 EDT (-0400)
  IRIX 6.5 povray3.50c (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Lothar
Subject: IRIX 6.5 povray3.50c
Date: 30 Jan 2003 09:30:07
Message: <web.3e3935dac6c37b31dce8a3800@news.povray.org>
Hi,

 I am trying to compile povray 3.5c on a SGI Octane Irix6.5 without success.
After ./configure ; make the compilation stops with the error message:

c++ atmosph.cpp
cc1plus: Invalid option `align-double'
cc1plus: Invalid option `inline-all-stringops'

I have gcc version 3.0.4 installed. Later I tried it on another SGI with
native compilers also without success.
It seems that configure, won't recognize the machine type atomatically as it
always assumes -DCOMPILER_VER=\".Linux.gcc\. So far I found no way to coax
it into accepting other compiler switches. It does not react fully to
environment variables like CFLAGS but it accepts CC when I try to compile it
with a native compiler.
I had similar problems on Compaq(HP) Alpha workstations with Tru64 Unix
5.1a.
Again it appears that configure definitly expects linux i646 for which it
works.

Can someone help ?

L.

Post a reply to this message