POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : IRIX 6.5 povray3.50c : Re: IRIX 6.5 povray3.50c Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:01:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRIX 6.5 povray3.50c
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 Jan 2003 14:42:33
Message: <3e398029$1@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3e396da957e82f2edce8a3800@news.povray.org> , "Lothar"
<les### [at] helixnihgov> wrote:

> I know. I just wanted to point out that somehow configure does not know
> which machine it is running on.
>

> There are a number of problem like inappropriate type casts etc. which I
> mostly ignore but in unix.cpp I get this:
> unix.cpp:658: cannot convert `void (*)(int)' to `void (*)()' for argument`2'
> to `void (* signal(int, void (*)()))()'
> and more of this kind.
>
> Any ideas ?

Well, here the problem is that you are running on the worst and most
outdated Unix implementation around.  Either IRIX does not support an
argument here or the headers its supplies are broken (both is likely).

IRIX does not seem to like that the signal handler takes an argument, but
that is how ANSI defined the signal function.  If there isn't a way to get
IRIX to behave as standardized, I am afraid you will have to change the
source code.

    Thorsten