POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : 3.50c released (see caveats) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 19:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  3.50c released (see caveats) (Message 21 to 30 of 34)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Steve
Subject: Re: 3.50c released (see caveats)
Date: 30 Oct 2002 20:01:00
Message: <slrnas1058.584.steve@zeropps.org.uk>
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:07:23 +0100, Felix Wiemann wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
>> The new binary seems to be a great improvement on the original 3.5
>> verison, but it's still quite a bit slower than Micha Riser's
>> custom compile for PIII (running here on a PII).
>>
>> However I've come accross a major problem with Micha's version today,
>> there are many scenes it won't render.
>
> You are running a compile for PIII on a PII? Why are you surprised that it
> doesn't work?

With computers nothing surprises me, and it does work, just not for all scenes.

You'll no bout be very surprised to find that the Athlon optimized binary works
perfectly on the PII.

--
#local i=.1;#local I=(i/i)/i;#local l=(i+i)/i;#local ll=(I/i)/l;box{<-ll,
-((I/I)+l),-ll><ll,-l,ll>pigment{checker scale l}finish{ambient((I/l)/I)+

Post a reply to this message