POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Editor Server Time
29 Jun 2024 08:58:52 EDT (-0400)
  Editor (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: Editor
Date: 1 Dec 2004 22:21:58
Message: <Xns95B32CB5BA4E2raf256com@203.29.75.35>
Ho,
with ditor has both higlights -and- tab-completition?

Like win32 editor, I type lighTAB and I get light_group,

camTAB gives camera, and so on.

Perhaps a way to do it in vim?

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/

Post a reply to this message

From: Daniel Hulme
Subject: Re: Editor
Date: 1 Dec 2004 22:43:57
Message: <20041202034357.52455190@dh286.pem.cam.ac.uk>
> Perhaps a way to do it in vim?
vim has keyword completion
^n and ^p complete a token by matching against tokens in the file
after/before the one you're currently typing.
^x^v might be more useful: it completes by picking a word from a
dictionary file; the location of the dictionary is user-definable and
could be set to a file containing a list of SDL keywords.

^n/^p completion can be redefined using the 'complete' option to look in
a particular dictionary file: you could have your SDL
syntax-highlighting script modified to do just that.

Actually, it would be rather nice if it would do it automatically using
the keywords defined in the syntax file. Ah well.

see :help ins-completion for more details.

Daniel

--
A church is more than just timber and stone   .oO( surreal.istic.org )
And freedom is a dark road when you're walking it alone   -Paul Simon,

Post a reply to this message