POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Editor : Re: Editor Server Time
1 Jul 2024 12:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editor
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 3 Dec 2004 18:03:57
Message: <20041203230357.16a5b0e5@dh286.pem.cam.ac.uk>
> surely impossible without any lisp knowledge.
If emacs has tags support (which it surely must) then you can do it
without any LISP: you just write a program (like ctags) which looks at
the file and works out what the definitions are.
I know vim has support for this: ^X^] does completion by tag, if you
have it turned on. Even without tags, vim will complete based on past
words in the document when you press ^p; emacs probably has a similar
feature, though I wouldn't know about that :->

--
A church is more than just timber and stone   .oO( surreal.istic.org )
And freedom is a dark road when you're walking it alone   -Paul Simon,