POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Modeling Programs for Linux? Server Time
17 May 2024 02:49:21 EDT (-0400)
  Modeling Programs for Linux? (Message 11 to 20 of 26)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Modeling Programs for Linux?
Date: 19 Apr 2008 15:03:05
Message: <480a41e9$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 10:56:04 -0500, Ger wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 19:42:16 -0500, Ger wrote:
>>
>>> Wings3D under wine should work
>>
>> What??!?  Wings3D is compiled natively on Linux.  No need for WINE.
>>
>> Jim
> Like I said in another post, I couldn't get it to work then (long time
> ago) Haven't tried it since.

Saw the other post after I wrote - it must've been a very long time, I've
been using Wings3D on SUSE since the 9.x days (for SUSE, not Wings).
Current version runs very nicely.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Ger
Date: 19 Apr 2008 19:50:06
Message: <480a852e@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 10:56:04 -0500, Ger wrote:
>
>> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> What??!?  Wings3D is compiled natively on Linux.  No need for WINE.
>>>
>>> Jim
>> Like I said in another post, I couldn't get it to work then (long time
>> ago) Haven't tried it since.
>
> Saw the other post after I wrote - it must've been a very long time, I've
> been using Wings3D on SUSE since the 9.x days (for SUSE, not Wings).
> Current version runs very nicely.
>
> Jim
Suse 8-ish iirc.
--
Ger

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Apr 2008 21:10:28
Message: <480a9804$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:51:32 -0500, Ger wrote:

> Suse 8-ish iirc.

Things change in the Linux world much faster than that - you can most
assuredly bet that if the software is maintained that a critical issue
like that would've been fixed long ago.

Jim

Post a reply to this message