POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : making perfectly transparent object with color Server Time
16 May 2024 21:47:13 EDT (-0400)
  making perfectly transparent object with color (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: yoon
Subject: making perfectly transparent object with color
Date: 14 Jul 2006 11:15:46
Message: <44b7b522$1@news.povray.org>
At first, make a white ball and then make a red box, which is bigger than
the ball, in front of the ball.

If I use the command "filter" or "transmit", I could see the ball through
the box.

But the color of ball(white) seem to be redder and dimmer than its original
because the light traverse through the red box.

If I put more red boxes in front of the ball, I will not be able to see the
ball because many boxes screen the light emitted from the white ball.

How can I see the white ball even if there are many boxes between the ball
and the camera?

Thank you.

JH

 Yonsei University, Department of Astronomy
 Seoul, South Korea
 Graduate Student, Room #703
 Joo Heon Yoon in GEM
 jhy### [at] galaxyyonseiackr

> At first, make a white ball and then make a red box, which is bigger than
> the ball, in front of the ball.
>
> If I use the command "filter" or "transmit", I could see the ball through
> the box.
>
> But the color of ball(white) seem to be redder and dimmer than its
> original because the light traverse through the red box.
>
> If I put more red boxes in front of the ball, I will not be able to see
> the ball because many boxes screen the light emitted from the white ball.
>
> How can I see the white ball even if there are many boxes between the ball
> and the camera?

Are you running into a problem with max_trace_level?  How many boxes are
there?

--
Mark

Post a reply to this message

The maximum of the "max_trace_level" is truncated at 256.

I just can't see the ball because 256 is not big enough.

"Mark Wagner" <mar### [at] gtenet> wrote in message
> yoon wrote:
>
>> At first, make a white ball and then make a red box, which is bigger than
>> the ball, in front of the ball.
>>
>> If I use the command "filter" or "transmit", I could see the ball through
>> the box.
>>
>> But the color of ball(white) seem to be redder and dimmer than its
>> original because the light traverse through the red box.
>>
>> If I put more red boxes in front of the ball, I will not be able to see
>> the ball because many boxes screen the light emitted from the white ball.
>>
>> How can I see the white ball even if there are many boxes between the
>> ball
>> and the camera?
>
> Are you running into a problem with max_trace_level?  How many boxes are
> there?
>
> --
> Mark

Post a reply to this message