POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : making perfectly transparent object with color : making perfectly transparent object with color Server Time
14 Jun 2024 02:03:54 EDT (-0400)
  making perfectly transparent object with color
From: yoon
Date: 14 Jul 2006 11:15:46
Message: <44b7b522$1@news.povray.org>
At first, make a white ball and then make a red box, which is bigger than
the ball, in front of the ball.

If I use the command "filter" or "transmit", I could see the ball through
the box.

But the color of ball(white) seem to be redder and dimmer than its original
because the light traverse through the red box.

If I put more red boxes in front of the ball, I will not be able to see the
ball because many boxes screen the light emitted from the white ball.

How can I see the white ball even if there are many boxes between the ball
and the camera?

Thank you.

JH

 Yonsei University, Department of Astronomy
 Seoul, South Korea
 Graduate Student, Room #703
 Joo Heon Yoon in GEM
 jhy### [at] galaxyyonseiackr