POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New release Pyvon Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:45:39 EDT (-0400)
  New release Pyvon (Message 21 to 30 of 30)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: What is the fuss about emacs ?
Date: 2 Dec 2002 05:02:10
Message: <3deb2fa1@news.povray.org>
fabien Henon <fab### [at] caramailcom> wrote:
>>   By any chance you are not using KDE?
>>
> Yes I am

  How did I guess that?-)
  That explains it.

  There's a checkbutton somewhere in the KControl panel which says something
about making programs to use the same color scheme as defined in the KDE
settings.
  For some reason having this option checked messes up the colors of
emacs 21.*. Unchecking it solves the problem.

  You shouldn't have been that eager to delete everything, but should have
consulted first.
  I am using KDE as well, and automatic syntax coloring in emacs works
perfectly here.

>   You shouldn't have been that eager to delete everything, but should have
> consulted first.

A true application of the 21st century has to be usable without a degree in
computer science.  Otherwise it is only a geek toy, but not an application.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde