POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Terminal handling bug? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:51:36 EDT (-0400)
  Terminal handling bug? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Christian Lavoie
Subject: Terminal handling bug?
Date: 6 Nov 2002 15:48:05
Message: <3dc98005@news.povray.org>
Trying to get 3.50c to work on linux, Debian 3.0 systems (dual Pentium |||
systems). It actually works *great* (kudos to the devels)... except (you
*did* expect an 'except' in a bug report, right?) when doing something like

rsh othermachine ~/pov/pov.sh

or

qsub ./pov.sh

where pov.sh is something akin to

cd ~/pov
povray [params]

It dies with a Segmentation Fault.

Debian's packaged 3.0 does not have that problem. Redirecting output doesn't
seem to help at all. The +GA command option is not helping either.

Can anyone confirm the bug on other linuxes? Provide a fix? (Setting TERM to
something magic?)

Have fun,
Chris

Post a reply to this message