POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Terminal handling bug? : Re: Terminal handling bug? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Terminal handling bug?
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 6 Nov 2002 21:51:31
Message: <pan.2002.11.07.02.50.53.580728@povray.org>
On Wed, 06 Nov 2002 15:48:03 +0000, Christian Lavoie wrote:

> Trying to get 3.50c to work on linux, Debian 3.0 systems (dual Pentium
> (you *did* expect an 'except' in a bug report, right?) when doing
> something like
>
> rsh othermachine ~/pov/pov.sh
>
> or
>
> qsub ./pov.sh
>
> where pov.sh is something akin to
>
> cd ~/pov
> povray [params]
>
> It dies with a Segmentation Fault.

Can you confirm that this works on this machine otherwise? I want to make
sure the rsh isn't a red herring.

> Debian's packaged 3.0 does not have that problem. Redirecting output
> doesn't seem to help at all. The +GA command option is not helping
> either.

A number of things have changed since 3.0.

> Can anyone confirm the bug on other linuxes? Provide a fix? (Setting
> TERM to something magic?)

I am unable to confirm using ssh from Mandrake 8.2 to Red Hat 7.3.  Then
again, it's passing my xauth and display, so it's even displaying properly
(though very slowly).  You may want to try ssh as an alternative to rsh (I
try to avoid rsh unless I'm very, very far from the Internet, which I'm
not at the moment).

-Mark Gordon