POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Re: WIP: We check the union Blender - Povray Server Time
17 Apr 2024 23:34:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: We check the union Blender - Povray (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: WIP: We check the union Blender - Povray
Date: 30 Jun 2015 06:46:54
Message: <5592739e@news.povray.org>
Am 30.06.2015 um 09:28 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 29-6-2015 21:44, LanuHum wrote:
>
>> Thomas, please check this vase in Poser.
>> This mesh2 was created by the official exporter.
>> It is important to me to know: there is a error or not?
>>

> Now, this is an interesting conundrum.
>
> The mesh2 geometry obviously seems corrupt when loaded in *Poseray*
> (image povwip27.jpg).
>
> However, it seems to render correctly, although extremely slow when
> rendered in *UberPOV* (image povwip27_uber.png) ;

There's a simple solution to the riddle:

It's a bug (or undocumented limitation) in PoseRay.

The official syntax of the face_indices block is as follows:

   face_indices {
     number_of_faces,
     <index_a, index_b, index_c> [,texture_index [,
       texture_index, texture_index]],
     <index_d, index_e, index_f> [,texture_index [,
       texture_index, texture_index]],
   }

Apparently PoseRay stumbles over the optional texture indices.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 30.06.2015 um 09:28 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>> On 29-6-2015 21:44, LanuHum wrote:
>>
>>> Thomas, please check this vase in Poser.
>>> This mesh2 was created by the official exporter.
>>> It is important to me to know: there is a error or not?
>>>

>> Now, this is an interesting conundrum.
>>
>> The mesh2 geometry obviously seems corrupt when loaded in *Poseray*
>> (image povwip27.jpg).
>>
>> However, it seems to render correctly, although extremely slow when
>> rendered in *UberPOV* (image povwip27_uber.png) ;
>
> There's a simple solution to the riddle:
>
> It's a bug (or undocumented limitation) in PoseRay.
>
> The official syntax of the face_indices block is as follows:
>
>    face_indices {
>      number_of_faces,
>      <index_a, index_b, index_c> [,texture_index [,
>        texture_index, texture_index]],
>      <index_d, index_e, index_f> [,texture_index [,
>        texture_index, texture_index]],
>    }
>
> Apparently PoseRay stumbles over the optional texture indices.

aHA! I'll file a complaint with FlyerX :-)

--
Thomas