On 9-11-2011 22:23, TawnyOwl wrote:
> I really hope I can achieve the goal.
You are well on the way.
> So, now I have a first EIP (as I put it: experiment in progress) and will put it
> into the p.b.i as a response to the picture of Thomas. This one will make my
> intentions a little bit more clear I hope. It is only the "`hair"'. I hope you
> can imagine a female head looking to te upper left inside of it. I mixed up some
> memories in my head from my first approach at the beginning of the year and was
> a little bit confused about the results I achieved. FlyerX is right in saying
> that 30 breaks are to much - an error of me -, but as is obvious in the picture
> six are not enough. The problem turned out more to be a problem with an
> appropriate texture than with the breaks or the support points in poser. Of
> course I will hair and not red ribbons, but this one comes close to my
> intentions. And I must comb her a little bit more ...
A few thoughts that come to mind:
- Using only 6 breaks, you could then subdivide the resulting curly mesh
in Poseray, using the Smooth (Loop's algorithm) option, taking care to
uncheck the Keep mesh creases box. Start with one subdivision and see
how it goes. Be careful to switch off all other objects you may have in
your model, as they would also be subdivided, and you may not want that
- Texturing the hair is indeed a real headache. I am still experimenting
with that and it is not easy especially as the tubes are not uv-mapped.
I have tried the wood pattern however with an acceptable result. In your
case, maybe an onion pattern with adequate warping might do the trick. A
spherical pattern might be even better. This is something we need to
investigate. I am busy now on building a sphinx ;-) but I shall
experiment more with this later.
> When I'm through it, I will give you the final result. But have some patience...
Please do. This is *science* in progress ;-)
Post a reply to this message