POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Real-time ray tracer with POV-Ray SDL support Server Time
28 Mar 2024 04:48:13 EDT (-0400)
  Real-time ray tracer with POV-Ray SDL support (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Tuomas Tonteri
Subject: Real-time ray tracer with POV-Ray SDL support
Date: 6 Jun 2016 13:30:01
Message: <web.5755b01f7d8f5ba666267b190@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone!

I wish to announce a freeware modelling tool that partially supports POV-Ray SDL
and provides smooth real-time ray traced visualization.

Here is a screenshot of the user interface:

http://www.infinity3dengine.com/get-infinity/3d-modeller/3d-modeller.png?hires

And the program is currently available for Windows and Linux at:

http://www.infinity3dengine.com/get-infinity/3d-modeller

At the time of writing the program supports primitive shapes such as sphere,
cylinder, cone, box, torus etc., several planar shapes, arbitrary transforms and
CSG.

The modeling tool is powered by real-time ray tracing engine that supports
non-planar geometry just like POV-Ray.

The current modeling program is functionally similar to OpenSCAD software
but with POV-Ray SDL instead of the OpenSCAD language and without an inbuild
text editor.

I hope you find the program useful.

Tuomas

Post a reply to this message