POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Curved horns Server Time
18 May 2024 10:33:59 EDT (-0400)
  Curved horns (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Esperandi
Subject: Curved horns
Date: 1 Feb 1998 22:51:57
Message: <34D542DD.DA8E0383@ovis.net>
I REALLY would like to know how to create curved "horns".  I am thinking
of a series of either cones or torii slices... has anyone done this
before/have any suggestions?

Post a reply to this message

From: R Rettelbach
Subject: Re: Curved horns
Date: 2 Feb 1998 09:40:50
Message: <34D5DA99.37AE@t-online.de>
Esperandi wrote:

> I REALLY would like to know how to create curved "horns".  I am thinking
> of a series of either cones or torii slices... has anyone done this
> before/have any suggestions?

Hi,

Recently I've written a small VBA-macro for Excel 7.0, which allows me
to create nearly any surface made out of triangle_meshes, as long as it
can be described by an mathematical formula; of course this is also true
for curved "horns".

Otherwise the job may be done by a bezier_patch-modeller called
"spatch". You will find it there:
http://www.aimnet.com/~clifton/spatch.html

So long,
Reinhard<rei### [at] t-onlinede>

Post a reply to this message

I would recommend using sPatch (see the other post) or the object bender
include file at http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/bend.html

Ken