POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Curved horns : Re: Curved horns Server Time
1 Jun 2024 22:11:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curved horns
From: R Rettelbach
Date: 2 Feb 1998 09:40:50
Message: <34D5DA99.37AE@t-online.de>
Esperandi wrote:

> I REALLY would like to know how to create curved "horns".  I am thinking
> of a series of either cones or torii slices... has anyone done this
> before/have any suggestions?

Hi,

Recently I've written a small VBA-macro for Excel 7.0, which allows me
to create nearly any surface made out of triangle_meshes, as long as it
can be described by an mathematical formula; of course this is also true
for curved "horns".

Otherwise the job may be done by a bezier_patch-modeller called
"spatch". You will find it there:
http://www.aimnet.com/~clifton/spatch.html

So long,
Reinhard<rei### [at] t-onlinede>