POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : textures on a curve Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  textures on a curve (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Marc Cuypers
Subject: textures on a curve
Date: 31 Dec 2002 10:52:30
Message: <3e11bd3e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Is there a way to make textures follow a curve?

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: ABX
Subject: Re: textures on a curve
Date: 31 Dec 2002 10:55:59
Message: <ubf31v8e4ejqqqs6ulrm844fbqkmdntgpo@4ax.com>
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:52:30 +0100, "Marc Cuypers" <mc-### [at] pandorabe> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there a way to make textures follow a curve?

Do you mean mapping on curved shape on some displace of texture.
You have to be more specific but I suppose if there is not direct solution
there can be some workaround. So what exactly do you need?

ABX

Post a reply to this message

"ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:52:30 +0100, "Marc Cuypers" <mc-### [at] pandorabe>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Is there a way to make textures follow a curve?
>
> Do you mean mapping on curved shape on some displace of texture.
> You have to be more specific but I suppose if there is not direct solution
> there can be some workaround. So what exactly do you need?

What I'd like is the following:
    Text flowing on a curve (or curved plane).  All I can find is text on a
straight line.

Marc

Post a reply to this message